Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Qatar Petroleum enters Angola block

Qatar Petroleum has entered into a farm-in deal with Sonangol and Total to buy a 30% participating interest in Block 48 offshore Angola.

The block, with a drill ready opportunity covers an area of about 3,600 square kilometers.

The partners plan to start drilling activities in the block as part of a 2020/2021 program, QP said on Tuesday.

Furthermore, the farm-in deal is subject to customary approvals by the Angolan government.

Following approvals, France-based Total will have a 40% operating stake in the block. Angolan state oil firm Sonangol and QP will own a 30% stake, each.

Block 48 is located in ultra-deep waters offshore Lower Congo Basin, some 400 km northwest of capital Luanda.

It is also located some 200 km west of Soyo onshore LNG plant where Total and Sonangnol both have stakes.

The 5.2 mtpa Angola LNG plant receives associated gas from the country’s producing offshore oil fields.

“Continuing on our journey to build a world-class exploration portfolio, by securing interests in promising exploration blocks in diverse geographies, we are pleased to be part of this exciting ultra-deep water opportunity in Angola, a leading oil and gas producing country,” said Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, Qatari energy minister and CEO of QP.

“This is our first opportunity in Angola with both Sonangol, and our long-term partner, Total, an experienced operator with significant in-country presence,” he added.

Most Popular

Williams launches Transco pipeline expansions

US natural gas pipeline operator Williams has launched two fully contracted expansions of the existing Transco pipeline to meet growing domestic demand and LNG exports.

Update: Shell’s LNG Canada receives LNG cargo

Shell’s LNG Canada has received a cargo of liquefied natural gas as part of the commissioning and start-up phase.

DOE gives further boost to US LNG exports

The US Department of Energy (DOE) has removed a regulatory barrier that required liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects to start export within seven years of receiving regulatory approval.

More News Like This

India’s ONGC approves Mozambique LNG investment

India’s state-run ONGC has approved an investment by its unit, ONGC Videsh, into the TotalEnergies-led Mozambique LNG joint venture, which is developing a 12.8 mtpa liquefaction plant at the Afungi complex.

Larsen & Toubro scores QatarEnergy LNG gig

A unit of India’s engineering and construction firm Larsen & Toubro has secured an offshore contract from LNG producer QatarEnergy LNG, a unit of QatarEnergy. This deal, worth more than $1.75 billion, is the largest single contract ever received by L&T.

QatarEnergy LNG carrier completes trials in China

A 174,000-cbm liquefied natural gas (LNG) carrier built as part of the massive QatarEnergy shipbuilding program has completed its trials in China, according to Hudong-Zhonghua.

US approves financing for Mozambique LNG

The Export-Import Bank of the United States has approved financing for the TotalEnergies-led Mozambique LNG project.