LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of July 31-August 6, 2023.
1) French energy giant TotalEnergies and its partners in the $20 billion Mozambique LNG project are still in talks with the contractors regarding the cost terms of their contracts as they work to restart the project.
2) US exporter Venture Global LNG says it is “on track” to start construction later this year on its proposed CP2 LNG terminal in Louisiana after it received a positive final environmental impact statement.
3) UK-based energy giant BP is now expecting to launch the first phase of its Greater Tortue Ahmeyim FLNG project located offshore Mauritania and Senegal in the first quarter of 2024.
4) New Fortress Energy’s utilities and accommodation rig, Pioneer III, has arrived in Mexico to start serving the company’s first FLNG project off Altamira.
5) The 170,000-cbm FSRU Transgas Force, owned by Dynagas, has arrived in Germany’s Bremerhaven where it will be prepared for its upcoming job in Stade, according to Hanseatic Energy Hub.