LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of December 11-17, 2023.
1) Japan’s shipping giant NYK is working with Namura Shipbuilding and Sasebo Heavy Industries to replace the main propulsion on steam turbine–driven Moss-type LNG carriers with a dual-fuel diesel engine.
2) Canada’s Pembina Pipeline and the Haisla Nation have postponed a final investment decision on their Cedar floating LNG export project.
3) Indonesia’s state-owned energy firm Pertamina said its 20-year LNG sale and purchase agreement with the Mozambique LNG project was terminated.
4) US LNG firm Tellurian, the developer of the Driftwood LNG export project in Louisiana, said on Friday that its co-founder and chairman, Charif Souki, will no longer serve as an executive or officer of the company or hold any managerial responsibilities.
5) US LNG exporter Venture Global LNG has completed raising the roof on the fourth and final storage tank at its Plaquemines LNG export plant in Louisiana.