LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of December 19-25, 2022.
1) NextDecade, the developer of the Rio Grande LNG export plant in Texas, has signed a long-term deal to supply liquefied natural gas to Portuguese energy firm and LNG player Galp.
2) Germany’s first FSRU-based import facility in Wilhelmshaven, operated by Uniper, has started supplying regasified LNG to the grid.
3) South Korea’s Samsung Heavy Industries and Japan’s JGC have won a contract to build the third floating LNG producer for Malaysian energy giant Petronas, according to shipbuilding sources.
4) LNG giant Shell has again suspended production on its 3.6 mtpa Prelude floating LNG producer offshore Western Australia due to a fire.
5) Deutsche ReGas, the developer of the LNG import terminal in the port of Lubmin, said on Wednesday that the 137,814-cbm LNG carrier Seapeak Hispania, which will serve as a floating storage unit for the project, had arrived in Germany.