LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of February 6-12, 2023.
1) The energy crisis in Europe is a “multiyear issue” and governments will have to work faster to address the lack of natural gas supplies, according to Shell’s CEO, Wael Sawan.
2) TotalEnergies is “not in a hurry” to restart work on its giant $20 billion Mozambique LNG project, according to chief executive Patrick Pouyanne.
3) US LNG terminal developer NextDecade has entered into a deal to sell shares worth some $35 million as it looks to take a final investment decision on the first three trains of the Rio Grande LNG export project in Texas during the first quarter.
4) QatarEnergy and ExxonMobil continue to make progress in building their $10 billion Golden Pass LNG export plant on the US Gulf Coast near Sabine Pass, Texas.
5) A unit of US energy giant ExxonMobil has signed two long-term deals to buy liquefied natural gas from Mexico Pacific, the developer of the planned 14.1 mtpa Sonora LNG export project.