LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of January 2-8, 2023.
1) Denmark’s Celsius Tankers has ordered four liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers at China Merchants Heavy Industry in Jiangsu, according to shipbuilding sources.
2) The state-owned Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) and MUFG Bank are providing a loan worth $71 million to finance MOL’s FSRU project in Senegal.
3) Tellurian, the developer of the Driftwood LNG export project in Louisiana, has one month to meet the conditions of its LNG supply deal with trader Gunvor.
4) Germany’s first FSRU-based import facility in Wilhelmshaven, operated by Uniper, has received its first liquefied natural gas (LNG) tanker.
5) Dutch Gate LNG terminal in the Rotterdam port received a record number of LNG cargoes last year on the back of high demand and a surge in US deliveries.