LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of June 12-18, 2023.
1) US LNG terminal developer NextDecade has moved closer to taking a final investment decision on the first phase of its Rio Grande LNG export project in Texas after it entered framework deals with compatriot Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) and France’s TotalEnergies.
2) Tellurian’s shareholders approved doubling the number of its common shares, as the US LNG firm continues to work on financing the first phase of its Driftwood LNG export plant in Louisiana.
3) Delfin Midstream, the US developer of a floating LNG export project in the Gulf of Mexico, has moved closer to taking final investment decisions on two floating LNG producers after it secured an investment from Japan’s shipping giant MOL.
4) South Korean shipbuilding giant Samsung Heavy Industries has secured a new order to build two liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers.
5) German LNG terminal operator Deutsche ReGas will soon launch a binding open season for regasification capacity at the planned FSRU-based LNG import terminal in the port of Mukran.