LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of May 1-7, 2023.
1) US LNG firm Tellurian and compatriot engineering and construction giant Bechtel are moving forward with the initial construction work at the Driftwood LNG terminal in Louisiana.
2) Adnoc Gas, the new unit of UAE’s energy giant Adnoc, has signed a three-year LNG supply deal with a unit of France’s TotalEnergies worth up to $1.2 billion.
3) US LNG firm Tellurian is now expecting the development costs for the first phase of its Driftwood LNG export plant in Louisiana to reach $14.5 billion.
4) Energy trader Vitol reported higher liquefied natural gas (LNG) volumes for the last year due to higher demand in Europe.
5) US LNG exporter Cheniere has signed a long-term LNG sales and purchase agreement with an Asian firm and related to the planned expansion of its Sabine Pass facility in Louisiana.