LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of May 16-22, 2022.
1) Freeport LNG has requested more time from US FERC to build the fourth liquefaction train at its export plant in Texas.
2) South Korean shipbuilding giant Samsung Heavy Industries said it would build three liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers under a new deal revealed on Tuesday.
3) Singapore’s Eastern Pacific Shipping has purchased four LNG carriers previously owned by Russia’s Sovcomflot from Dutch ING Bank, according to shipping sources.
4) South Korean shipbuilding giant Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering said it has terminated an order for one LNG carrier after a European shipowner missed the payment deadline.
5) Technip Energies and Chiyoda are moving forward with the construction work on the giant expansion LNG export project in Qatar’s Ras Laffan in order to start production in 2025.