LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of January 15-21, 2024.
1) Cosco Shipping Heavy Industry in Shanghai has delivered ETYFA’s converted FSRU which will serve the first Cyprus LNG import terminal in Vasilikos.
2) Mexico Pacific, the developer of the planned $14 billion Saguaro Energia LNG export project, has signed an additional long-term deal to supply liquefied natural gas to a unit of US energy giant ExxonMobil.
3) French energy giant TotalEnergies has initiated a force majeure process on the Novatek-operated Arctic LNG 2 project in Russia due to sanctions.
4) State-owned LNG giant QatarEnergy has signed a shipbuilding deal with China’s Hudong-Zhonghua for the construction of eight Q-Max LNG carriers as part of its shipbuilding program, according to shipbuilding sources.
5) South Africa’s Transnet National Ports Authority has appointed Dutch terminal operator Vopak and its consortium partner Transnet Pipelines to build and operate a liquefied natural gas (LNG) import facility at the Port of Richards Bay.