LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of June 26-July 2, 2023.
1) French shipping giant CMA CGM has placed a large order for dual-fuel containerships at Chinese private shipyard Yangzijiang Shipbuilding, according to shipbuilding sources.
2) UK’s Ineos has chartered two liquefied natural gas carriers from Japan’s shipping giant MOL to ship its contracted US LNG supplies to Germany.
3) The US DOE has denied a rehearing request by Energy Transfer’s Lake Charles LNG regarding its proposed LNG export facility in Louisiana.
4) Russian LNG exporter Novatek is set to launch transshipment operations near Murmansk following the arrival of the 361,600-cbm Saam FSU at the site in Ura Bay.
5) Global commodities trader Mercuria has secured a 500 million euro ($547 million) loan, backed by the Italian government, to increase supplies of natural gas and LNG to Italy.