Australia’s Santos reports lower sales revenue in Q3

Australian LNG player Santos reported a drop in its sales revenue in the third quarter of this year due to lower production and prices.

The independent LNG producer said on Thursday that its July-September sales revenue reached $1.44 billion.

This marks a drop of 33 percent compared to $2.15 billion last year, while year-to-date revenue of $4.40 billion dropped by 25 percent compared to the last year.

Compared to the prior quarter, sales revenue in the third quarter rose by 7 percent.

Third quarter production of 23.3 mmboe was lower than 26.1 mmboe in the same period last year but it rose 2 percent from 22.8 mmboe in the previous quarter.

Santos sad that Bayu-Undan continues to produce with at least one more LNG cargo expected, followed by sales into the Australian domestic market until end of field life.

51 LNG cargoes

The Australian LNG player said its average realized LNG price of $12.02 per MMBtu in the third quarter rose slightly compared to 11.96 per MMBtu in the prior quarter but it dropped from 16.76 per MMBtu in the same quarter last year.

According to Santos, average realized LNG prices were aligned with the prior quarter, with higher realized prices from Darwin LNG offsetting lower oil linked sales contracts from lagged Japan Customs-cleared Crude (JCC) prices.

Three-month lagged JCC averaged US$84/bbl in the third quarter of 2023 compared to US$87/bbl in the second quarter.

Moreover, Santos’ LNG projects shipped 51 cargoes in the third quarter, of which five were sold on a JKM-linked basis, one from Darwin LNG and four from PNG LNG.

Santos managing director and CEO, Kevin Gallagher, said that “the underlying business performance, combined with a strong focus on operational excellence, delivered yet another strong quarter.”

“Free cash flow of $1.6 billion year-to-date positions the company well to deliver shareholder returns, backfill and sustain our existing business, while also investing in our major projects and progressing our decarbonization plans,” Gallagher said.

Most Popular

First Nations plan new Canadian LNG export project

Kino Aski and Marinvest Energy Canada rebealed plans to jointly develop Kino Aski LNG, a First Nations–led liquefied natural gas (LNG) project designed to supply Europe.

ALNG expects to enter LNG trading by year-end

Norway’s ALNG, the owner of two TFDE LNG vessels, expects to enter LNG trading with its first transaction by the end of this year, according to interim CEO Jens-Julius Ramdahl Nygaard.

CIMC SOE scores new LNG bunkering vessel order

China’s Nantong CIMC Sinopacific Offshore & Engineering has secured an order to build one 6,000-cbm liquefied natural gas (LNG) bunkering vessel.
spot_img

More News Like This

Santos says GLNG ships 1000th cargo

The Santos-operated GLNG plant in Queensland, Australia, has shipped its 1000th cargo since it started operations in 2015.

Santos ships first Barossa condensate cargo to South Korea

Australian LNG player Santos and Prism Energy International Australia have jointly sold and shipped the first condensate cargo from the Barossa gas project, located approximately 285 km north of Darwin, to South Korea.

PNG LNG shipped 29 cargoes in Q2

The ExxonMobil-operated PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea shipped 29 cargoes of liquefied natural gas in the second quarter of 2026, the same as in the same quarter last year and one cargo more than in the prior quarter, according to shareholder Australia’s Santos.

Santos says Papua LNG on track for Q4 FID

France's TotalEnergies and its partners remain on track to take a final investment decision on the Papua LNG export project in Papua New Guinea in the fourth quarter of 2026, according to Australian LNG player Santos