Santos enters exclusive due diligence with Adnoc-led consortium

Australian LNG player Santos has entered into a process and exclusivity agreement with a consortium led by Adnoc's investment unit, XRG, related to the latter's $18.7 billion takeover offer.

This story requires a subscription

Get 12 months of full digital access to LNG Prime for only $295 instead of $600.
This includes a single user license.
Check our FAQ for more info. For group subscriptions please contact us.

Most Popular

Shell adds another LNG carrier to its fleet

A unit of UK-based LNG giant Shell has added another chartered liquefied natural gas carrier to its fleet.

CMA CGM’s LNG-powered giant floated out in China

China’s Hudong-Zhonghua has launched the third in a new series of 24,000-teu LNG dual-fuel containerships for French shipping giant CMA CGM.

Venture Global gets OK to introduce gas to final Plaquemines LNG block

US LNG exporter Venture Global LNG has received approval from the US FERC to introduce natural gas to the 18th and final liquefaction block at the Plaquemines LNG terminal in Louisiana as part of the plant’s commissioning process.

More News Like This

Adnoc, Indian Oil finalize Ruwais LNG supply deal

UAE’s Adnoc has signed a sales and purchase deal with Indian Oil to supply the latter with liquefied natural gas from its LNG terminal in Al Ruwais.

Santos CEO expects Papua LNG FID in early 2026

France's TotalEnergies and its partners plan to take a final investment decision on the Papua LNG export project in Papua New Guinea in the first quarter of 2026, according to Santos CEO Kevin Gallagher.

Santos further extends exclusivity period for Adnoc takeover

Australian LNG player Santos has further extended the exclusivity period for its proposed $18.7 billion takeover by a consortium led by Adnoc's investment unit, XRG.

Santos says Adnoc takeover deal delayed

Australia LNG player Santos said on Tuesday that a consortium led by Adnoc's investment unit, XRG, would not be able to finalize the previously announced $18.7 billion takeover bid for another four weeks.