LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of December 26, 2022-January 1, 2023.
1) Venture Global LNG is seeking approval from US energy regulators to increase the peak workforce to up to 6,000 per day at the site of its Plaquemines LNG export plant in Louisiana.
2) Hyundai Heavy Industries Group has developed what it says is the first LNG and hydrogen engine in South Korea.
3) Denmark’s Celsius Tankers has ordered four liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers at China Merchants Heavy Industry in Jiangsu, according to shipbuilding sources.
4) A unit of German energy firm RWE has agreed to buy liquefied natural gas for a period of 15 years from Sempra Infrastructure’s proposed Port Arthur LNG project in Texas.
5) The German government will provide around 62 million euros ($65.8 million) for three LNG bunkering vessels which will be built by shipbuilder Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (FSG).