LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of May 15-21, 2023.
1) State-owned LNG giant QatarEnergy has awarded the engineering, procurement, and construction contract for the North Field South (NFS) project to a joint venture of Technip Energies and Consolidated Contractors Company.
2) Shell has resumed shipping liquefied natural gas from its 3.6 mtpa Prelude floating LNG producer offshore Western Australia following an unplanned two-day shutdown.
3) Australian engineering firm Worley and US LNG exporter Venture Global LNG have signed a deal for the construction of the latter’s proposed CP2 LNG export terminal in Louisiana.
4) A unit of China’s state-owned energy giant PetroChina said it had supplied the commissioning cargo to Hong Kong’s first FSRU-based LNG import facility, owned by a joint venture of CLP Power and HK Electric.
5) Japan’s shipping giant K Line has signed a long-term deal to charter a newbuild LNG carrier to Mitsubishi Corporation’s unit Diamond Gas International.