LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of November 13-19, 2023.
1) Singapore’s Seatrium has secured LNG carrier upgrade and repair contracts from Seapeak and BP’s shipping unit.
2) French shipping giant CMA CGM has decided to switch a recent order it placed in China for eight methanol-powered containerships to LNG fuel, according to shipbuilding sources.
3) Energy giants Shell and BP have asked the U.S.-EU Task Force on Energy Security to intervene in a dispute with Venture Global LNG over the launch of commercial operations at the latter’s Calcasieu Pass plant.
4) US LNG firm NextDecade is planning to take a final investment decision to build the fourth liquefaction train at its Rio Grande LNG export project in Texas in the second half of 2024.
5) MOL’s huge fleet of liquefied natural gas carriers continues to expand and the Japanese shipping giant currently has more than 30 LNG vessels on order.