Höegh LNG is strengthening its Legal & Compliance team and is seeking a Legal Counsel.
If exposure to a global operation while working with a broad range of professional disciplines intrigues you, this may be the opportunity you seek. Your attention to detail in a complex work environment, and your ability to quickly resolve legal, contract and compliance issues for business development, project execution, operations, finance and corporate functions, are central to HLNG’s operational and growth targets.
This challenging position requires the ability to prioritize and multi-task a host of legal matters while keeping your internal clients updated. If you seek to become a legal professional with an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of legal and business matters, this role may be for you.
Höegh LNG has a wide range of international shipping and energy projects that are very complex in nature with regard to commercial, contractual, regulatory, financing and technical aspects.
It is considered important to have in-house legal competence with thorough understanding of the Group’s business model and the market Höegh LNG is operating in, together with a detailed overview of all aspects of the Group’s projects.
Compliance matters, including anti-corruption, sanctions and data privacy, are a focus area. It is therefore essential to have in-house resources to assist the organization in complying with current rules and regulations.
The Legal Counsel will provide legal services to the business and corporate divisions including the Group’s foreign subsidiaries.
Being a Legal Counsel is challenging and demanding and requires the candidate to be service-minded, diverse, hands-on, possess a thorough commercial and technical understanding in addition to having excellent interpersonal skills.
- Draft, review and negotiate various types of complex and international contracts in relation to project developments, partnerships, purchase of goods and services, financing (debt and equity), research projects, IP and licensing
- Provide legal advice for corporate functions, M&A and transactional activities
- Independently advise on legal risk relating to tendering of work, development and execution of projects and operational matters
- Improve management systems and implement actions needed to comply with contract and regulatory requirements, including stock exchange regulations, sanctions and data privacy
- Instruct and supervise external counsels
- Train and create awareness on legal and compliance matters for all functions
- Master of law or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience from an in-house legal department, preferably within the energy/shipping industry or a law firm
- Excellent proficiency in English
- Excellent computer skills
Please visit Höegh LNG’s website for more information.