Nakilat is looking for a senior chartering officer.
Job Requisition No.: 16028
Job Summary and Purpose
Execute the chartering activities of the organization as well as support in identifying business opportunities and enhancing the chartering processes.
1. Ensure proper implementation and follow up on utilization plans of fleet by executing the chartering activities.
2. Analyze market outlook and assist in identifying possible business opportunities and possible chartering processes enhancements.
3. Assist in capturing suitable chartering opportunities and maximizing the utilization of the vessels under the in-house Commercial management of Nakilat.
4. Build and maintain relationships with brokers, ship-owners, ship agents, shippers, receivers, charterers and port agencies worldwide. Schedule visits to load/discharge terminals to gauge ground level situation and maintain relationship with ship’s command.
5. Work closely with the commercial & analysis team to review business/chartering opportunity assumptions.
Legal and Insurance:
6. Review terms of Charter Party with Legal and Insurance functions and ensure that company’s interests are protected by ensuring necessary insurance coverage is in place, proper defense is arranged through vessels’ P&I Club and finally seek reimbursement of relevant expenses from charterers as per charter party clauses.
7. Negotiate TCP claims, seek legal advice and provide recommendation to Head of Chartering.
8. Maintain close dialogue with market players, brokers, and potential customers.
9. Keep scouting around for chartering opportunities to maximize fleet utilization.
10. Assist in gathering market updates, competition update, trade outlook and any other information required to build a proposal/recommendation package for management.
11. Assist in evaluating different chartering opportunities by analyzing voyage calculations/economics and provide different scenarios to Head of Chartering.
12. Ensure negotiation of charter party terms as per company’s policy and procedures.
13. Coordinate TCP review process with internal stakeholders.
14. Ensure vessels’ information (e.g., Q88, Form C, list of Primary terminals), to be used in marketing the vessels for business, is always kept up-to-date.
15. Coordinate with Charterers for issuing voyage instructions as may be necessary.
16. Provide necessary inputs to the voyage estimation process in accordance with the company guidelines and prepare budgets and cost estimation for LPG, Bulk and Product vessels.
17. Prepare and review cost analysis, freight, dead freight, heating and other invoices related to voyage, including post-voyage claims, as well as track receipt of payments.
18. Review the tender strategy with Head of Chartering and spearhead the collection and timely submission of necessary tender documents and information.
19. Ensure compliance with proper procedures regarding Bills of Lading and Letters of Indemnity.
Please visit Nakilat’s website for more information.