Nakilat is looking for a technical superintendent.
Job Requisition No.: 17321
Job Summary and Purpose
Lead the overall technical management (including technical services provided by third party managers) of LNG/LPG vessels under direct management of NSQL, in a reliable, safe and cost efficient manner. Support various projects and studies related to fleet in order to ensure efficient and reliable operations, as well as ensure that all ships are being operated in compliance with the applicable regulations and legislations as well as class requirements and industry standards.
- Maintain high technical and operational standards for the vessels in order to meet the reliability benchmarks.
- Strive to achieve industry-wide best standards for vessels, dry docking, repairs and performance by application of statistical analysis on repair periods, frequency of repairs, time of repairs, etc. as well as preparation of database containing details of fuel consumption, equipment failure and spare parts. Also schedule periodic ship visits and inspections in order to track achievement against best standards.
- Contribute to various projects and studies related to fleet in order to improve quality and standards of vessels.
- Develop policies and procedures related to ship management, and ensure sign off through MOC process.
- Monitor the system of planned maintenance while ensuring that the same is kept up-to-date and compliant to regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the technical and feasibility analysis pertaining to new or replaced vessels equipment and systems.
- Render expert technical and marine engineering advice as well as assist in shipping in order to ensure reliable, safe and cost efficient operations.
- Resolve all technical issues and propose solutions and recommendation for the same. Explore any improvement or modification required in vessels while also tracking their status for implementation.
- Prepare budget for vessels, track variances with actual costs as well as take steps to control those variances.
- Ensure that expenditures are controlled while making sure that set standards are maintained, unplanned issues resolved and vessel performance maximized.
- Participate, as required, with purchase section in tender evaluation and tender preparation for sourcing of equipment, spare parts and support services.
- Provide justification and clearance for contractors and service providers’ invoices against materials supplied or services provided to the fleet
Please visit Nakilat’s website for more information.