Qatargas is seeking a senior safety technician to be based in Ras Laffan, Qatar.
- Support the achievement of Incident & Injury Free work place for Company and Contractor workforce in an assigned area of responsibility.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s) – I
- Supports Company pillar of Safety Health and Environmental Performance.
- Operates in a plant environment to protect employees & contractors and company assets.
Key Job Accountabilities – I
- Ensure regular inspection, testing of fixed and portable safety and equipment within assigned area of responsibility in order to ensure safe operational status and readiness for use.
- Complete surveys, inspections, PTW audits and prepare detailed reports in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Conduct safety assessment of operations, maintenance and construction activities in order to ensure full compliance with stipulated conditions and requirements of safety procedures.
- Maintain effective interactions with operational staff through work and training activities in order to promote safety awareness and encourage the adoption of safer work practices.
- Assist and participates in conducting of emergency exercises in order to develop and enhance individual and team response capabilities.
Please visit Qatargas’ website for more information.