Sempra LNG, a unit of Sempra Energy, is seeking a gas marketing analyst.
Responsible for the development and maintenance of natural gas transportation and storage models and leading ad-hoc deal flow analysis and valuation. Supports the trade desk by building out proprietary reports encompassing pipeline flows, maintenance events, weather, available transportation etc., and applies such data to support trade idea generation. Leverages technology to automate tasks where appropriate. Backup gas marketers where necessary across the desk for cash trading, position management, and weekend coverage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain analytical models to support the gas team.
- Perform daily scrapes of pipelines across our trading footprint.
- Perform ad-hoc modeling and reporting related to existing and potential deals and assets.
- Provide trading coverage where necessary.
- Assist with back/mid office requests.
- Conduct market analysis with and without direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
Please visit Sempra LNG’s website for more information.