Shell is seeking a digital analyst to be based in London.
Where You Fit In
Shell Energy Integration & Fundamentals (SEIF) is looking for a European Gas & LNG digital analyst to join the Fundamental Analysis team, a global group of professionals whose mandate is to provide Shell Energy’s trading teams with a competitive edge through best-in-class market analysis and the wider company with a single source of truth on global gas market developments and forecasts. This job offers an entry level position into trading in a fast moving, dynamic and successful trading company. We are seeking for a self-starting, high capacity individual with a keen interest in developing an analytical, trading mentality and skillset.
The position will be based in London, UK and co-located with Shell LNG Marketing & Trading (SLMT) and Shell Energy Europe. This dynamic role will play a critical part by exploring, exploiting, and developing data and digital capabilities to develop country level supply and demand models that will enable SEIF to better understand regional dynamics.
What’s the role?
What is essential to this role is bringing a diverse, curious, digital, and quantitative mindset to continue developing the team culture of being even more diverse, collaborative, fun, accountable and fast paced. The Fundamental Analysis team’s goal is to provide “Best-in-Class” market analysis. This is defined by delivering timely and actionable market insights pre-emptively to our stakeholders. It is continuously testing and improving our forecasts against internal and external benchmarks and working collaboratively across a global team for shared success.
This position has the following accountabilities:
- Work closely with SEIF Fundamental Analysis team’s embedded internal digitalisation team to advance complementary technology for modelling.
- Develop digital tools that are high value to stakeholders in conjunction with SEIF’s Digital Transformation SWAT team.
- With guidance from senior analysts, develop country level supply and demand models. Maintain a critical eye for detail while being poised enough to recognize when timeliness of analysis will have the greatest impact.
- Closely coordinate with SEIF’s global team of high performing analysts on supply, demand, infrastructure, and policy inputs for modeling multiple global market outcomes, with a focus on the Energy Transition.
- Develop and ensure a brevity-focused communication style (using underlying assumptions and beliefs in a succinct delivery) to articulate quantitative forecasts to the SEIF Fundamentals team, traders, and other stakeholders.
- Employ Learner Mindset when receiving feedback and challenges on your modelled outputs and forecasts from the team and stakeholders.
- Assess, identify, and develop processes to maximize the value and efficiency of the team’s evolving forecasting tools.
- Collect and synthesize global energy, macroeconomic data, and external outlooks to drive forecasting assumptions and benchmarking exercises.
Please visit Shell’s website for more information.