Shell is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join the team as fundamental analyst in the Gas Fundamental Analytics Team, part of the Market Analysis unit within Shell Energy Europe and Environmental Products.
What’s the role?
The Gas Fundamental Analytics Team generate trading ideas based on fundamental research and data analysis to add value directly to the bottom line of the trading business. Analysts build detailed fundamental supply and demand models, create forecasting and visualisation tools and maintain gas fundamental data. The team coordinates with other analytics teams within SE-EE and across the group to share market insights across different commodities and geographies.
Trading is a fast paced and dynamic work environment necessitating timely and commercially relevant analysis. Markets are constantly developing and changing, responding in interrelated way to developments not just in supply & demand, but also global macroeconomic conditions and regulation. Candidates need to be comfortable handling uncertainty and working under time pressure. The rewards are a transparent ability to directly impact the bottom line of the company, and a diverse range of challenges which offer significant scope for personal development.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building supply and demand models to perform fundamental analysis of the European gas market at a high level of precision and detail, covering production, transport, storage and consumption across different tenors and geographical locations
- Development of predictive forecasting models using various quantitative and qualitative methods
- Development of analytical tools and processes to standardize, improve and automate existing analysis, and to expand the current reach of gas analytics, in collaboration with IT
- Written reporting and verbal presentation of analytical results
- Ad hoc project work in support of gas traders
Please visit Shell’s website for more information.