Shell LNG Marketing & Trading (SLMT) is seeking an LNG commercial cargo operator with combined skills and experience in operations.
What’s the role?
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure that LNG operations fully complies with Shell’s internal standards including compliance and HSSE, paying special attention to HSSE hazards and risks that may have impact on Shell’s license to operate.
- Display visible leadership and commitment to HSSE within the team. Engage with external partners to echo and reinforce our strong focus on HSSE.
- Ensure that all commercial and operational obligations/nominations arising from the contracts are carried out, and that any necessary requirements are complied with.
- Deal with cargo/freight counterparties and terminals on a regular basis regarding all pre and post deal activities.
- Appoint independent inspectors and expeditors and be able to investigate matters relating to LNG quality.
- Ensure that all operational information is entered timely and accurately into trading systems.
- Execute timely cargo invoicing, reconciliations and clearances of accruals for both external and internal deals.
- Liaise with counterparts and support the team to ensure smooth operations, avoid delays and minimize demurrage costs.
- Multi-task on priorities and think on your feet to deal with contractual problems ensuring that they are managed professionally and optimally for the trading business.
- Specifically seek to add value by exercising embedded commercial and logistical deal options and be pro-active with problem solving.
- Support commercial colleagues on the feasibility of proposed contractual arrangements for new projects, new contracts and spot cargoes.
- Agree supply schedules with third parties and calculate cargo pricing through understanding the mechanisms and indices employed.
- Identify and exploit synergies with other parts of Shell Trading.
- Support short term initiatives to continuously improve the efficiency of all aspects of the commercial operations.
- Engage in highly complicated contract mechanisms for reconciliations involving large datasets to be completed in a timely fashion.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, counterparties and service providers e.g. suppliers and customers, surveyors, and regulatory bodies.
- Actively engage and support the global freight and cargo operations team across the other hubs to ensure the process alignment, business continuity and commercial added value.
- Pro-actively close out operational related disputes with external and internal counterparts.
- Engage with external parties (outside of Shell) to gather best practices, digital solutions and exchangeable learnings.
- Support LNG Ops and SLMT Digitization strategy in close liaison with Project Lead. Drive continuous improvements, automation.
- The operator will handle global 24/7 trading activities and whilst colleagues are available in other time zones, the operator is expected to respond flexibly to requests outside of normal office hours.
Please visit Shell’s website for more information.