Shell is seeking a production technician – control room to work on Curtis Island, Gladstone, Australia.
What’s the role?
The Production Technician panel role will operate the LNG, Utilities and Storage & Loading areas of the facility, control the safe execution of work utilizing permit to work and safe isolation systems and perform response roles in the event of an emergency.
Location: Curtis Island, Gladstone, Australia
This role is based on Curtis Island with a daily Ferry commute, working a rotational shift roster.
- Demonstrates a deep strong commitment to our values, code of conduct, safety, and the environment
- Ensures safe work execution on the facility
- Role model D&I behaviors and create an environment where different views and perspectives are valued.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of production systems and ways of working
- Role model for safety and disciplined operations
The Production Technician accountabilities include:
- Operate LNG facility from the Central control room panel including development and risk assessment of operational overrides
- Develop, review and work within operating procedures
- Operate the LNG panel following standard operating procedures to meet QGC’s environmental commitment, compliance, and standards
- Ensure production targets and quality specifications are met for all products and waste streams
- Report all parameters/conditions found outside normal operating guidelines. Take action to return conditions to within operating guidelines and escalate those that cannot.
- Ensure guidelines, standing instructions and procedures are understood and adhered to by all maintenance, contractors and other personnel working on or otherwise accessing the plant
- Maintain a comprehensive shift log indicating key elements of the plant status, process parameters and equipment availability
- Conduct comprehensive shift hand-overs to ensure a smooth transition across shifts
- Respond to trips and emergency situations in a safe and efficient manner
- Troubleshoot process and technical problems; recommend any changes that may require implementation to prevent reoccurrence
- Provide operational support to other work groups as required
- Perform emergency response roles as an Operations shift team member, in the control room under MOME protocol. Participate in training and simulation activities to maintain and enhance skills in the application of emergency response procedures. Take part in reviews of emergency response plans & procedures.
Please visit Shell’s website for more information.