Shell is seeking a QMI Technician to work on the Prelude FLNG facility, Australia’s first floating LNG production facility, stationed northeast of Broome, Western Australia.
Where you fit in
The Prelude FLNG operation encompasses gas processing and liquefaction through to LNG/LPG/Condensate storage and offloading. It’s well into the production phase and is looking for an experienced QMI Technician to join the offshore Quality Measurement Instrumentation and Metering team.
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and living/based in W.A or willing to relocate.
What’s the role?
As an experienced QMI Technician employed on Prelude FLNG, you’ll work a 3/4/3/5 roster in a role that sees you reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, within the MTAC (Maintenance Turnaround Construction) business unit. You will also be required to maintain cross discipline relationships with the offshore production and Laboratory team as well as onshore engineering, HSSE and the commercial lifting teams. You’ll be expected to contribute to the building of an inclusive work culture, promoting respect and belonging.
You will be entrusted to:
- Ensure the safe and reliable operation of the facility’s online gas and liquid analyzers, meeting environmental reporting and production targets.
- Maintain fiscal analyzer and metering systems as a key responsibility, supporting cargo measurement and analysis operations.
- Directly contribute to the successful completion of planned, reliability centered maintenance of Prelude’s online analyzer and fiscal metering systems in line with the sites maintenance execution strategy.
- Diagnose and rectify corrective faults of production critical analyzers and flow metering apparatus, in a timely manner.
- Provide specialist offshore technical support to engineering improvement projects as required.
- Some coaching of INLEC technicians in the QMI specialist discipline and share technical plant knowledge.
What we need from you
To succeed in this role, you will possess:
- Significant hands on QMI experience working in an operating production facility within the oil and gas, refinery, petrochemical, or related industry.
- A grade electrical license with cert III or cert IV instrumentation.
- Skills to carry out maintenance on custody transfer metering systems and support cargo operations.
- Strong understanding of GC networks and analyzer maintenance systems.
- Sound knowledge of analyzer shelter safeguarding systems and associated equipment.
- Past involvement in commissioning and start-up of QMI and Metering Systems will be advantageous.
- Ability to be conversant with HSE and Permit to work requirements in petroleum and petrochemical industry.
- A working level understanding of CMMS applications (SAP would be advantageous).
- Ability to interface with multidisciplinary teams including production, onshore engineering, HSSE and commercial team.
- Demonstrated commitment to Prelude’s safety and workplace cultural values.
- Be a contributing team player with good communication skills in written and verbal English.
Please visit Shell’s website for more information.