Shell is seeking a risk analyst, LNG and Shell Energy Asia.
What’s the role?
The LNG Risk Analyst is responsible for reviewing and providing assurance on the reasonableness of the overall book representation of the LNG desk, ensuring that the price risk management activities of the desk are captured timely within the trading systems and that the resultant pricing exposures carry the relevant fair values consistent with internal mark to market standards. The individual is charged with understanding how the LNG business generates returns, what resources are consumed in the process and what price risks are taken in the process of generating cash and mark to market returns. The individual is expected to play an independent role from Commercial and identify inconsistencies or concerns in price risk measurement and management practices to the appropriate level of management.
- Understand the trading strategies employed by the desk, pricing exposures and P&L generated by the trade book and the key drivers of value generation.
- Develop effective relationships with Chennai Risk team to deliver as “One Team”. This includes working closely with Chennai Risk team on daily risk reports, with the objective of reviewing the reasonableness of mark to market valuations, positions, and value at risk (VAR).
- Understand key price indices used by the trade desk and construction of forward curves, facilitating a review of the forward curves, and proposing alternative data sources where warranted.
- Execute market risk controls under Shell Control Framework. This will also include limits review as well as design of new controls for new businesses/deal types.
- Drive understanding of the design and utilization of methodologies to assess risk/reward of the portfolio, including VAR back-testing/Stress Testing/Scenario Analysis.
- Collaborate with IT and other teams to identify, develop and implement market risk continuous improvement projects relating to the LNG desk.
Please visit Shell’s website for more information.