LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of June 6-12, 2022.
1) State-owned QatarEnergy has reportedly selected energy giants TotalEnergies, ExxonMobil, and Shell to join its massive LNG expansion project in Ras Laffan.
2) South Korea’s Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering has revealed orders for four 174,000-cbm LNG carriers related to the massive shipbuilding program by state-run QatarEnergy.
3) No one was injured on Wednesday after an incident at the Freeport liquefaction and export plant in Texas, according to the terminal owner.
4) South Korean shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering has received a new order from Maria Angelicoussis-led Maran Gas to build two LNG tankers.
5) Mauritius is planning to develop an LNG-to-power project which includes a floating power barge solution and an FSRU, as the East African island nation looks for a quick solution to secure reliable power and slash emissions.