LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of May 9-15, 2022.
1) UAE’s Abu Dhabi National Oil Co (Adnoc) said it has appointed Houston-based McDermott as the design contractor for its planned LNG export plant in Fujairah.
2) Singapore’s Eastern Pacific Shipping has purchased four LNG carriers previously owned by Russia’s Sovcomflot from Dutch ING Bank, according to shipping sources.
3) BP’s Greater Tortue Ahmeyim FLNG project located offshore Mauritania and Senegal has reached a 75 percent completion mark at the end of the first quarter, project partner Kosmos Energy said on Monday.
4) Wes Edens-led New Fortress Energy has revealed plans to install up to eight floating liquefaction facilities in the US Gulf of Mexico, as Europe seeks more US LNG supplies.
5) Dutch gas grid operator Gasunie has secured another floating storage and regasification unit for its planned terminal in Eemshaven, as the Netherlands looks to slash reliance on Russian gas.