LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of April 4-10, 2022.
1) A unit of US LNG player Sempra and its partners in Cameron LNG have signed a non-binding deal to expand the export plant in Louisiana.
2) Estonia and Finland are looking to jointly charter a floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) to import LNG, as European countries look to reduce reliance on Russian gas supplies.
3) Spain’s Armon Gijon is moving forward with the construction of Knutsen’s 5,000-cbm LNG bunkering ship and the vessel recently received two tanks ahead of its planned delivery later this year.
4) China National Offshore Oil Company (CNOOC) continues to make progress on six giant LNG storage tanks at its Binhai LNG import terminal in Jiangsu.
5) Poland’s dominant gas firm PGNiG said it has chartered four more LNG carriers, boosting its fleet of chartered newbuilds to eight vessels.