LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of December 6-12, 2021.
1) US energy services firm Baker Hughes has won a contract to supply equipment for the expansion of Woodside’s Pluto LNG plant located on Western Australia’s Burrup Peninsula.
2) Australia’s Viva Energy said it has signed deals with Woodside and Hoegh LNG for the planned FSRU-based LNG import terminal at its Geelong refinery.
3) Brazil’s state-owned energy firm Petrobras said it has transferred operations of the Bahia LNG terminal to Texas-based floating LNG player Excelerate Energy.
4) Malaysia’s Jaks Resources said it has signed a memorandum of understanding with T&T Group to work on LNG-to-power projects in Vietnam.
5) UTM Offshore said it has signed a deal with the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) to secure up to $5 billion for the development of Nigeria’s first floating LNG producer.