LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of February 7-13, 2022.
1) A unit of LNG giant Shell and French LNG containment specialist GTT are joining forces to develop technologies to enable the transportation of liquid hydrogen (LH2).
2) US liquefaction plant developer Venture Global LNG has started producing LNG at its Calcasieu Pass terminal in Louisiana.
3) Singapore-based Spark Commodities reported its first-ever negative spot LNG freight rate, some three months after charter rates for the global LNG carrier fleet hit their record highs.
4) Singapore’s Keppel Offshore & Marine said it has received the final notice to proceed from a unit of LNG shipping firm GasLog to convert an LNG carrier into a floating storage and regasification unit.
5) Bechtel has handed over operational control of the sixth train at the Sabine Pass export plant in Louisiana to Cheniere, marking the substantial completion of the liquefaction unit.