LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of September 5-11, 2022.
1) Gasunie’s new LNG import hub in the Dutch port of Eemshaven has received its first cargo of liquefied natural gas.
2) South Korea’s shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering has received an order for seven new liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers.
3) Slovakia’s gas supplier SPP said it has signed a contract with US energy giant ExxonMobil to buy liquefied natural gas (LNG), as part of plans to strengthen Slovakia’s energy independence and diversify sources of gas supplies.
4) Australian LNG player Woodside and US engineer Bechtel have started building the second train at the Pluto LNG export plant in Western Australia.
5) US LNG exporting giant Cheniere said on Tuesday that it “strongly disagrees” with a decision by the US Environmental Protection Agency to reject its request on exempting gas-powered turbines at Cheniere’s two LNG terminals from a hazardous pollution rule.