LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of October 16-22, 2023.
1) Venture Global LNG has received approval from the US FERC to increase the peak workforce at the site of its Plaquemines LNG export plant in Louisiana.
2) Golar LNG said the FLNG Hilli, located offshore Cameroon’s Kribi, has offloaded its 100th cargo of liquefied natural gas since it started operations in 2018.
3) State-owned QatarEnergy and UK-based Shell signed two long-term LNG sale and purchase deals for the supply of up to 3.5 million tons per annum of LNG from Qatar to the Netherlands.
4) Chinese shipbuilder Nantong CIMC Sinopacific Offshore & Engineering has launched the first LNG dual-fuel liquid ethylene gas (LEG) carrier for German shipping group Hartmann.
5) The 137,000-cbm converted FSRU Etyfa Prometheas, which will serve the first Cyprus LNG import terminal in Vasilikos, has started its gas trials in China, according to Cosco Shipping Heavy Industry in Shanghai.