LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of October 3-9, 2022.
1) Excelerate Energy will pay about $332 million for a floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) it ordered at South Korea’s Hyundai Heavy Industries.
2) State-owned Pakistan LNG said it had received no offers for its latest tender seeking bids for a total of 72 LNG shipments.
3) South Korean shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering said it had terminated an order for two LNG carriers with a European shipowner.
4) DESFA’s Revithoussa liquefied natural gas import facility in Greece is preparing to receive the first cargo produced at Gazprom’s recently launched Portovaya LNG terminal in Russia’s Leningrad region, according to shipping data.
5) Spot charter rates for the global LNG carrier fleet in the Atlantic basin have reached a new record high, according to Spark Commodities.