LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of March 13-19, 2023.
1) US firm Venture Global LNG has taken a final investment decision for the second phase of its Plaquemines LNG export plant in Louisiana. The company also secured $7.8 billion in project financing.
2) China Offshore Oil Engineering (COOEC), a unit of CNOOC, has delivered the last two modules it built for the giant Shell-led LNG Canada project.
3) South Korean shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering has received a new order from Maria Angelicoussis-led Maran Gas to build two LNG carriers.
4) India’s Swan Energy is waiting for approval from a consortium of banks to finalize its FSRU charter deal with Turkey’s state-owned natural gas and LNG firm, Botas.
5) New Fortress Energy and Golar LNG have completed the previously announced deal regarding the FLNG Hilli located offshore Cameroon’s Kribi.