Angola LNG cancels tenders due to production issues

Angola LNG has canceled tenders due to production issues at the 5.2 mtpa liquefaction plant in Soyo.

“I can confirm that the Angola LNG plant experienced a pressure surge in the loading line and is currently operating at reduced rates,” an Angola LNG spokesperson told LNG Prime via email on Wednesday.

“Upcoming tenders have been withdrawn while this is being investigated,” the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson did not provide any additional information.

Several reports said that Angola LNG cancelled two tenders for loading in April.

Kpler data shows that Angola LNG shipped 0.95 mt of LNG, or 14 cargoes, since January, with all but one cargo delivered to Europe.

According to Kpler, France and the UK received four cargoes each, the Netherlands took two cargoes, Germany received one cargo, and Spain is due to receive one shipment on April 7.

The Angola LNG plant features one train and it shipped its first cargo in 2013.

In 2016, Chevron and its partners Sonagas, TotalEnergies, BP, and Eni completed work on the plant’s modifications and reliability enhancements, restarting production after a long shutdown due to a major rupture on a flare line.

According to Angola LNG’s website, the plant shipped more than 600 cargoes of LNG and liquids up to date.

BP and Eni formed Azule Energy last year, combining their portfolios in Angola and the JV now has a 27.2 percent share in Angola LNG.

Chevron has a 36.4 percent stake, while Sonagas and TotalEnergies own 22.8 percent and 13.5 percent in the JV, respectively.

Most Popular

Update: Shell’s LNG Canada receives LNG cargo

Shell’s LNG Canada has received a cargo of liquefied natural gas as part of the commissioning and start-up phase.

Williams launches Transco pipeline expansions

US natural gas pipeline operator Williams has launched two fully contracted expansions of the existing Transco pipeline to meet growing domestic demand and LNG exports.

DOE gives further boost to US LNG exports

The US Department of Energy (DOE) has removed a regulatory barrier that required liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects to start export within seven years of receiving regulatory approval.

More News Like This

BP launches production at Cypre gas project in Trinidad and Tobago

BP's Cypre development, located offshore Trinidad and Tobago, has delivered its first gas. The Cypre gas field is located 78...

Tokyo Gas to buy US shale gas stake from Chevron

Japan’s city gas supplier and LNG importer, Tokyo Gas, has agreed to buy a stake in a US shale gas development from energy giant Chevron.

Adnoc’s XRG wraps up Mozambique deal

Adnoc's investment unit XRG has completed the purchase of Galp’s 10 percent interest in the Area 4 concession of the Rovuma basin in Mozambique, which includes Eni’s Coral South FLNG project.

BP takes FID on Ginger gas project in Trinidad and Tobago

UK-based energy giant BP has taken the final investment decision on the Ginger gas development offshore Trinidad and Tobago.