LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of December 12-18, 2022.
1) Finland’s Meyer Turku is moving forward with the construction of the first of three giant LNG-powered cruise ships it is building for Royal Caribbean International in order to deliver the vessel next year.
2) Rotterdam-based storage terminal owner VTTI, co-owned by Vitol, IFM, and Adnoc, is looking to develop a new FSRU-based facility that will provide the Netherlands additional storage and import capacity for LNG.
3) Dynagas LNG Partners, the owner of six LNG carriers which operate under long-term charters, is expecting to secure a new contract for its LNG carrier Arctic Aurora in the first quarter of 2023.
4) German energy firm RWE is expecting to receive the first commissioning cargo at the Elbhafen FSRU-based LNG import terminal in Brunsbuettel in January.
5) German energy firm Uniper said on Thursday that the 170,000-cbm FSRU Hoegh Esperanza had arrived in Wilhelmshaven where it will soon start serving Germany’s first LNG import terminal.