LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of March 6-12, 2023.
1) China Offshore Oil Engineering (COOEC), a unit of CNOOC, has delivered the last two modules it built for the giant Shell-led LNG Canada project.
2) US shale gas producer Chesapeake Energy has signed a heads of agreement with Geneva-based trader Gunvor to supply the latter with liquefied natural gas from a liquefaction plant in the US.
3) Cosco Shipping Heavy Industry in Shanghai has almost completed the conversion work on the FSRU which will serve the first Cyprus LNG import terminal in Vasilikos.
4) French LNG engineering firm Technip Energies is currently working on up to ten LNG FEED contracts and expects to secure new EPC deals this year, according to its chief executive Arnaud Pieton.
5) Equinor and Shell have completed talks with the government of Tanzania regarding the planned $30 billion LNG export project in Lindi.