LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of May 30-June 5, 2022.
1) German energy firm E.ON has joined forces with Belgium-based Tree Energy Solutions (TES) and France’s Engie to deploy another floating storage and regasification unit in Germany, as the country looks to reduce reliance on Russian pipeline gas supplies.
2) US floating LNG player Excelerate Energy plans to deploy its FSRU Excelsior to serve the Vlora LNG project in Albania after the unit completes its contract in Israel.
3) Italian energy firm Snam has purchased Golar LNG’s 2015-built FSRU Golar Tundra for $350 million, as Italy looks to reduce reliance on Russian gas and strengthen energy security.
4) Small-scale player Avenir LNG said it has taken delivery of its large LNG bunkering and supply vessel from China’s Nantong CIMC SOE, while it also revealed plans to order additional ships.
5) Germany is moving quickly with its plans to build infrastructure and become a major LNG importer, as the European country looks to slash reliance on Russian pipeline gas.