LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of October 24-30, 2022.
1) QatarEnergy has selected LNG giant Shell to participate in the next wave of Qatar’s massive LNG expansions.
2) Seapeak, previously known as Teekay LNG Partners, said it had entered into a deal with Jaccar to buy Evergas in an all-cash transaction with an enterprise value of about $700 million.
3) LNG giant QatarEnergy said its trading unit would offtake and market 70 percent of the LNG supplies produced by the Golden Pass plant in the US as part of a new deal with ExxonMobil.
4) US LNG firm Sempra Infrastructure, a unit of Sempra, and compatriot engineering and construction firm Bechtel have executed the final EPC contract for the first phase of the proposed Port Arthur liquefaction project in Texas.
5) US floating LNG player Excelerate Energy has signed a five-year contract with Germany to charter its FSRU Excelsior for the Wilhelmshaven project being developed by E.ON, TES, and Engie.