LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of September 25-October 1, 2023.
1) QatarEnergy and ExxonMobil released the latest construction update for their giant Golden Pass LNG export plant on the US Gulf Coast near Sabine Pass, Texas, as they work to launch the first train next year.
2) LNG giant QatarEnergy has signed a shipbuilding deal worth about $3.9 billion with South Korea’s HD Hyundai Heavy Industries for the construction of 17 174,000-cbm LNG carriers as part of the second phase of its giant shipbuilding program.
3) A unit of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway has boosted its stake in the Cove Point liquefied natural gas (LNG) export terminal in Maryland after it completed the previously announced $3.3 billion deal with Dominion Energy.
4) German LNG terminal operator Deutsche ReGas is moving forward with its plans to produce green hydrogen in Lubmin.
5) TotalEnergies will continue to grow its LNG business as the demand for the fuel rises due to the transition from coal to natural gas, according to Patrick Pouyanne, CEO of TotalEnergies.