LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of August 15-21, 2022.
1) Germany has signed a memorandum of understanding with RWE, Uniper, EnBW, and VNG for the supply of liquefied natural gas to two FSRU-based LNG import terminals.
2) Australian LNG firm Woodside has selected US contractor McDermott to work on its planned H2Perth project located in the Kwinana/Rockingham area in Western Australia.
3) Japan’s LNG engineer JGC is launching a new unit as an operations center based in Chennai, India.
4) US LNG player New Fortress Energy is close to completing two liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals in Brazil.
5) UK-based energy giant BP is expecting to launch the delayed Train 3 project at the Tangguh LNG facility in Indonesia next year, according to the company’s chief executive Bernard Looney.