LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of February 14-20, 2022.
1) TotalEnergies will not restart work on its $20 billion Mozambique LNG project until the civil population comes back to the Cabo Delgado province where the Afungi site is located, according to chief executive Patrick Pouyanne.
2) Venture Global LNG has received approval from federal regulators to export the first commissioning cargo from its Calcasieu Pass plant in Louisiana.
3) Shell’s unit said on Tuesday it has become the first in the Netherlands to offer bio-LNG to all of its customers, following the launch of Nordsol’s facility in Amsterdam Westpoort.
4) A unit of LNG giant Shell and French LNG containment specialist GTT are joining forces to develop technologies to enable the transportation of liquid hydrogen (LH2).
5) China’s New Times Shipbuilding said it has delivered the first out of two LNG-powered LR2 tankers to Idan Ofer’s Eastern Pacific Shipping.