LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of January 17-23, 2022.
1) A consortium consisting of one Vietnamese and three South Korean firms has officially started building a $2.3 billion LNG-to-power project in Vietnam’s central province of Quang Tri.
2) Energy giant Shell will soon start using the first out of 40 LNG-powered inland waterway barges built by Dutch shipbuilder Concordia Damen.
3) TGE Marine said on Wednesday it has completed two of the world’s largest bi-lobe type C LNG tanks at China’s Jiangnan Shipyard.
4) Teekay LNG Partners will rebrand as Seapeak following the completion of its previously announced $6.2 billion merger deal with private equity firm Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners.
5) The Shell-led LNG Canada export project in Kitimat is to receive a large core process module from COOEC’s Qingdao yard in China.