LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of January 3-9, 2022.
1) Eni’s floating LNG producer, Coral Sul FLNG, has finally arrived in Mozambique following a long journey from South Korea.
2) China’s Jiangnan Shipyard is continuing to progress work on Anthony Veder’s 30,000-cbm LNG carrier in order to deliver the vessel to the Dutch owner later this year.
3) South Korea’s shipbuilder Korea Shipbuilding & Offshore Engineering has revealed orders for six new LNG-powered containerships and one LNG carrier.
4) China’s Guangzhou Shipyard International (GSI) said it has launched the first out of two LNG-powered Suezmax tankers for Singapore’s Eastern Pacific Shipping.
5) South Korea has permanently closed two of its oldest coal-fired power plants to replace them with new LNG units, as part of a move to slash emissions.