LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of June 5-11, 2023.
1) Tellurian’s shareholders approved doubling the number of its common shares, as the US LNG firm continues to work on financing the first phase of its Driftwood LNG export plant in Louisiana.
2) US firm Grand Isle LNG is planning to start production of liquefied natural gas at its proposed floating LNG production project offshore Louisiana in 2026.
3) LNG giant QatarEnergy celebrated the steel cutting of the first of its new generation of chartered LNG carriers to be constructed in a South Korean shipyard.
4) France’s TotalEnergies, one of the world’s largest LNG players, has sold a small stake to Japan’s JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration in the planned Papua LNG export project in Papua New Guinea.
5) LNG carrier operator CoolCo will invest about $50 million to install reliquefaction units on five of its liquefied natural gas tankers.