LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of January 23-29, 2023.
1) Spot charter rates for the global LNG carrier fleet are continuing to drop in both basins as vessel availability remains high, according to Spark Commodities.
2) Freeport LNG, the operator of the three-train 15 mtpa liquefaction plant in Texas, has secured approval from US FERC to start introducing LNG into the piping system at the plant.
3) Germany’s first FSRU-based import facility in Wilhelmshaven has received another liquefied natural gas (LNG) cargo from the US, according to shipping data.
4) Work has started on a new LNG jetty in Stade, Germany, which is expected to welcome the 170,000-cbm FSRU Transgas Force, owned by Dynagas, in winter 2023/2024.
5) Global Meridian Holdings, part of JP Morgan Asset Management, has recently taken delivery of one 174,000-cbm LNG carrier chartered by Shell.