LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of January 9-15, 2023.
1) Tellurian, the developer of the Driftwood LNG export project in Louisiana, is in talks with “several equity providers” as it looks to secure financing for its project, according to the firm’s co-founder and executive chairman, Charif Souki.
2) QatarEnergy and ExxonMobil are moving forward with the construction of their Golden Pass LNG export terminal on the US Gulf Coast near Sabine Pass, Texas, in order to launch the facility in 2024.
3) Deutsche ReGas has officially launched its FSRU-based LNG import terminal in Lubmin, Germany’s second such facility.
4) The 170,000-cbm FSRU Hoegh Gannet has arrived in Spain to pick up the commissioning LNG cargo for the new Elbhafen LNG import terminal in Brunsbuettel, according to German energy firm RWE.
5) Shell is working to restart production on its 3.6 mtpa Prelude floating LNG producer offshore Western Australia following a fire in December, a Shell spokesperson told LNG Prime on Tuesday.