LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of May 29-June 4, 2023.
1) Golar LNG has exercised its option to acquire the 148,000-cbm Moss-type carrier, Fuji LNG, which it aims to convert to a floating LNG producer.
2) Norway’s Equinor has closed its 4.3 mtpa Hammerfest LNG export plant due to a gas leak.
3) Australian LNG player Woodside has launched an investigation following an incident that took place on Friday at its Pluto liquefied natural gas plant in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
4) US LNG exporter Venture Global LNG said that it had closed its $4.5 billion inaugural offering of senior secured notes.
5) Italy’s OLT Offshore LNG Toscana has received approval to boost its regasification capacity at the FSRU-based terminal located off the coast between Livorno and Pisa.